outfit details: blazer (thrifted), shirt (marshalls), anchor necklace (borrowed), pants (old navy), shoes (boston store)
What I Wore Wednesday: outfit #4
As I prepare for job interviews in my (somewhat) near future I try to incorporate spunk while still remaining professional. I’d say this outfit does the trick!!
My fashion secret: shop for blazers at your local thrift store in the boy’s department. like little boys. That’s where I got mine and although I have limited arm mobility the cut and shape is absolutely splendid. It’s one I have never replicated in a women’s…
So, what do you think? Is this something you would consider for a job interview? Maybe you are struggling finding an appropriate outfit for an upcoming event, tweet me @mollyJustSayin, I would love to give some input. Also, feel free to leave comments about what you thought of this month’s outfit selection. Was there enough variety?? Until then, I will be perusing my closet or the mall for June’s staple piece…
“You can be anyone you want to be with the right outfit” (Just Sayin’).
I am at it again, I have found yet another game to feature on tech tuesday that has taken up almost all of my free-time…(it’s a challenge to juggle them all!)
This week’s is not only fun but absolutely adorable too. From the creators of the game cut the rope, I present to you Pudding Monsters!!?!!
Don’t let the cuteness of the name distract you because this game is a brain teaser. It’s level after level of more advanced puzzles, some that are truly mind blowing. and although the game looks like it’s for kids the puzzles have kept me occupied for hours (which I am not sure if that’s saying much…)
So, what do you think? Are you willing to give it a try? Hurry up and download it because it’s only free in the app store for a few more days!! Once you take a break, come back here to me and shout out your ideas so I can get some input. (We can even compare our highest levels…)
“Stressed is desserts spelled backwards which means you should play pudding monsters to relieve that stress” (Just Sayin’).
Here’s to another case of the mondays:
This weekend my mom, sister and I celebrated a belated Mother’s Day. We treated mom to pedicures and dinner. the only problem was every salon in the city was booked!! So we took our chances and went to an inexpensive walk-in place. While it wasn’t the exact same as the spa pedicure we had in mind it was the thought that counted…
Each of us went out on a limb in color choice. My mom chose a bright blue, I went with sparkly mermaid and my sister picked a light lavender. In the end our feet were thanking us and our bodies were more relaxed!!
We continued the fun at our favorite dinner spot that serves the best hummus and pita around!!
The night was much needed and got me thinking why in the world do we need a special occasion to do things like this? How about we just pick a Friday night to hang out with each other just because it’s Friday night. I proposed this idea at dinner and I plan on implementing it in the future. Everyone needs more “just because” moments in their life and those moments should start right now (just sayin’)!!
So, what do you think? Did you have some special family bonding this weekend? Shout out your ideas and let me know. Until then I will be looking at my calendar and deciding when the next girls night will be…
“Cheers to two special graduates who walked across the stage for their Master’s Degree yesterday, what an accomplishment!!” (Just Sayin).
High Five For Friday!!
This week was a relaxing one, filled with lots of sunshine and free time. Here are the highlights:
1. Sun Kissed. The best thing about summer is the warmth and glow your skin gets from soaking up the rays. I experienced my first bit of tan and I feel so good. My pale winter skin is finally gone. I can wear shorts and a t-shirt without blinding the people around me…
2. Yellow Dress. I ordered this dress from Forever 21 late one night. It was one of those situations where I just kind of clicked buy and didn’t think about it. The next morning I was in disbelief and thought for sure I would be returning it. However, it arrived this week and fits perfectly. I am so in love with it and so excited to wear it all summer (with my new tan)!!
3. Homemade Pizza. This is my favorite dinner to make and eat. It’s my grandma’s homemade pizza crust recipe (which I will have to share on a future therapeutic thursday) topped with spinach, tomato, zucchini and onion. Sometimes I add peppers for some extra pizazz!!
4. Leisurely Reading. For a while I thought I was never going to be able to read in my free time ever again but this week I got started on one of the books that has been on my to-read list for months now. 100 pages in it is living up to it’s reputation of being the funniest book ever written.
5. Livestrong Day. Today is designated Livestrong Day and I want to take a minute to talk about why I am still strong. A few months ago I wrote this post that talked about where I stood with the Livestrong Foundation and how I will continue supporting it. I would like you to take a minute and read why the yellow band means so much to me (if you haven’t already). #stillstrong
So, what do you think? Any big weekend plans? Shout out your ideas and let me know what’s going on!! Until then I will continue enjoying this thing called summer…
“Keep Calm and Livestrong” (Just Sayin’).
I am officially in summer mode so every day kinda feels like therapeutic thursday but today especially because I am out and about wearing my favorite sandals in the entire world!!
I bought the red sandals last year on a whim. I was like, “will I wear these? Red isn’t really my color. but in the end I was like what the heck.”
Let me just tell you these may be hands down the best purchase of my life. I wore them every single day. I could run around in them, walk miles in them and wear them with everything. They were pretty much the definition of perfect.
So, this year when I pulled them out of my closet I was desperate to find another pair. and guess what, I did!! Thank you Target for being your genius self and bringing these back again this year. I can always rely on you.
I bought another pair of red (because it turns out I do actually have a lot to wear with them) and the blue. They also come in brown (which I am currently on the hunt for) and black (but I have something against black shoes….weird, I know!!)
I think it is urgent that you go to the nearest target (or online target) and treat yourself to a pair of these bad boys. Bonus: they are on sale this week for $15!!
So, what do you think?? Are you frantically trying to get your hands on these? Maybe you have a pair of sandals you think are perfect already?? Shout your thoughts and let me know. Until then I will be calling every target in the country begging them to send me a brown pair in size eight….
“There is no need to have it all, just the best of what you have” (Just Sayin’).
outfit details: shirt (marshalls), skirt (anthropology), shoes (random small town boutique)
What I Wore Wednesday: outfit #3
Let me preface this post by saying that the skirt I am wearing in this outfit was one of the best purchases I have ever made. I got it on super sale at Anthropology a few summers ago and I still laugh at myself for considering setting it down.
The point of that story was not to rub it in your face that I have this great striped pencil skirt and you don’t. It is actually to emphasize the importance of a great pencil skirt in your wardrobe (with or without stripes).
I never really considered myself a pencil skirt kind of girl. I wasn’t sure how it worked with my body shape and didn’t see them as being comfortable but I was wrong on both accounts. This skirt is that one item in my wardrobe that I can put on, pair with anything and feel great in. I can dress it up, dress it down and wear it all around (rhyme intended).
In this particular outfit I decided to mix patterns, which is something I have always loved to do and now fits with the latest trends. I tried to stay in the same family of colors so the outfit wasn’t totally overwhelming and I think it was a success. I would consider this look to be funky but not too out there. I decided to pair it with a neutral colored heel but I think blue or red heels would be fun too!!
I kept this look simple because I wanted to show off the pattern combo but I think some accessories could change this look from office wear to night out to dinner with the gals. I would throw on a navy blue blazer and add some gold stackable bracelets and a long gold chain necklace of some sort.
So, what do you think? Is mixing patterns something you want to experiment with? Shout out your ideas and let me know. (or tweet me @mollyJustSayin) I am happy to answer questions or give styling assistance!! Until then I will be going through my closet and seeing how many patterns I can match with this skirt….
“Patterns are your friend” (Just Sayin’).
Get ready because I am hands-flapping excited to present to you this week’s Tech Tuesday!! Are you ready to be presented your golden ticket to saving??
Well buckle up because the website I present to you is my new best friend (and I don’t say that lightly).
As soon as you browse around and discover the brilliance of Chippmunk you will soon find it as your homepage (unless you are not as shopping crazed as I am, then it will just be bookmarked).
This site is a shopper’s dream come true!! Look up an item you are in desperate need of (anything from clothes, accessories, beauty and more) and chippmunk will figure out the best deal. It will even give you a coupon to use if one applies (fist pump)!!
I mean come on, shopping just got even easier and my closet might get even fuller!!
So, take some time and browse around. Then come back to my blog and shout out your ideas and tell me what you think!! Until then I will be browsing every category of chippmunk and determining what it is I need today…
“I am not a shopaholic. I am helping the economy” (Just Sayin’).
This past weekend was one full of celebration, lots of celebration. You see in my family we have this thing known as the birthday trilogy. We have three birthdays right in a row and since birthdays are kind of a big deal we celebrate each one individually.
Saturday was my cousin’s birthday. Sunday was my aunt’s birthday (and mother’s day) and today is my brother’s birthday.
It’s a lot of birthday excitement packed into one but it’s always one of the most fun weekends in the year!!
You can imagine how this case of the mondays is treating me today. I have no motivation for anything (unless it involves a party). I would like to lay around watching movies all day and doing nothing but unfortunately I have some loose ends to take care of. So I have dragged myself out of bed (which was a big step) and am trying my best to get going. Wish me luck!!
So, how was your weekend? Was it as jam packed as mine? Shout out your ideas and let me know what’s going on. I would love to hear about it!!
”Makes me think of the good ‘ole days, happy birthday to you!! You sure grew out of your baby ways, happy birthday to you!! Happy Birthday Geo. Thanks for being such an awesome big brother, a girl couldn’t ask for much better (Just Sayin’).”
High Five for Friday!!
Let me just say, I am happy to have made it through to this day….
1. Deal of the week: Ann Taylor Loft had a major sale so naturally I went in and shopped for things I do not need. and I left the store with these colorful shorts that cost only $10!! (as my dad would say, those are goodwill prices!)
2. Dirt cake: I made this yummy treat for my last day of field work, the kids had never had it before and I thought it was a tragedy that needed to be reversed. By the end of the snack, I had all eighteen students believing they were eating real worms and dirt that had marinated overnight in the fridge….imagine the reaction when I told them the truth!!
3. Envelope of love: Did you ever make boxes of love as a kid and give them to people? Well, this is kind of the same thing only it’s an envelope that contains written notes of admiration. I could get use to starting every day with notes telling me how awesome I am….
4. Hello friend: check out my new light switch!?! Are you jealous that you don’t have an owl to welcome you and say goodbye to you every time you leave your apartment? well, (not to be a snob or anything) you should be.
5. The game of life: thursday was an emotional day for me, it was my last time sitting in class as a college student which means I am now a grown-up. (which, if you haven’t caught on yet, is my worst nightmare!!) I got to spend thursday night with three of my favorite girls, playing games and relaxing which is exactly what I needed. We played the game of life (pretty ironic, eh?) and it was a blast.
So, what did your week consist of? Do anything fun? Maybe you have big weekend plans coming up!! Either way, shout out your ideas and let me know. Until then, I will be figuring out how in the world I will be spending my free time….
I am starting to understand why peter pan didn’t want to grow up (Just Sayin’).
As promised from earlier in the week I have a mini make-you-want-to-dance playlist… I will be bringing in this therapeutic thursday with a dance party. which couldn’t be more perfect considering today is my last day of school (not that anyone needs an excuse to dance).
The top three songs I have chosen are:
“Anything Could Happen” by Ellie Goulding
“Dancing on my Own” by Robyn
“Bulletproof” by La Roux
I recommend you download them immediately or bookmark these links to your browser because they will be on repeat from now until eternity. I swear.
Take a listen and give them a chance. I anticipate the beat will catch you instantly and before you know it your foot will start tapping, your knee bouncing and your waist wiggling.
So, what do you think? Are you willing to find the inner dancer in you? I know it is there somewhere. So once you are all done obsessing over these new songs shout out your ideas and let me know what you think. I won’t turn down a dance party invite…..
Sometimes you just need to dance (Just Sayin’).